For admission to the Providence College Graduate History Program, the following are the minimal requirements:
- Completed online application and application fee of $65.00.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a 3.0 grade point average.
- Two written recommendations from at least two individuals well acquainted with the academic ability of the applicant–one letter from a professional historian.
- Written statement of purpose no more than 3 pages in length that discusses:
1) Your personal and academic background.
2) Your reasons for pursuing graduate study, and why you have selected Providence College (i.e., research interests, professors, graduate coursework, etc.)
3) How a Master’s in History aligns with your career aspirations.
- Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts are sent electronically to email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of Admission
1 Cunningham Square
Providence, RI 02918
- Once accepted, students will need to accept the offer of admission in their application portal.
To apply online please follow this link. Please prepare to upload a statement of purpose to the online application. Recommenders will receive a link to upload their recommendations to our secure application portal, due within 30 days. If you need an extension, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
International students may have additional requirements and earlier deadlines. Please visit our International Student & Scholars webpage for more information about applying to our program as an international student, as well as information about visa applications.